The youth-driven, volunteering NGO Make A Difference (MAD) is looking for volunteers in Cochin to be a part of their verticals. Founded in Cochin and situated across 23 cities in India, Make A Difference ensures a better life for children in need of care and protection (CNCP). In Cochin, they have supported 110+ CNCPs through two shelter homes and a community centre.
What’s excellent about Make A Difference in Cochin is that they support a child from the age of 10 until they are 28, ensuring that they break the cycle of poverty. Their main motto is to ensure that these children learn life skills and receive proper self-awareness guidance so they don’t go back to poverty. They believe that everybody should have a reasonable quality of life where they should not struggle to make ends meet. This is one of the main reasons why the CNCPs supported by MAD Cochin are never left behind. At every stage of their life, they receive guidance, upgrade their psychosocial competencies and interpersonal skills, and become independent through their own growth.
Why Should You Volunteer At Make A Difference?
Giving back to society is one of the best things you can do in your lifetime. Not only does it develop you as a person, but your little effort will change a life, literally. You become more empathetic, learn leadership skills and learn how to work as a team while making a positive impact on the lives of children.
MAD has different verticals you can choose to volunteer at:
- Foundation Program: You work with children to help build their literacy and life skills.
- Ed Support: You will be responsible to teach one subject per child. This will require you to visit a shelter home during the weekends and spend one and a half to two hours time with the child.
- Wingman (Ed Support): You will support a young adult (16 to 19 yrs) with their academics, and mentor them throughout the process of choosing a college course, admissions and placements.
- Aftercare Academic Support Wingman: You will help equip young adults (18 to 28) to deal with life outside the shelter home, be a support system, mentor them during life crises and help them with skills needed in the real world.
- They also recruit volunteers for our support functions – fundraising, finance, campaigns and human capital, which helps sustain the organisation by mobilising resources, talent and funds by undertaking various projects.
Both students and working professionals are welcome to volunteer at MAD.
What You Can Expect From MAD?
- A caring supportive community of similar-minded people who will help the volunteers in their journey to become a community organizers.
- Weekly training on the theory of leadership, community building and child care.
- Ability to practice the theory of community building and leadership development on a weekly basis by running projects and awareness campaigns.
- A platform to create a real impact on the ground for children in need of care and protection.
- Access to a coach with prior experience to guide you in your learning journey (1 coach for 10 to 15 people).
Don’t think twice. If you stay in Cochin, do apply because it will make all the difference in the world. Apply here.