The Kerala government has announced new covid restrictions in a review meeting chaired by the Chief Secretary VP Joy. The following restrictions have been imposed by the government of Kerala to prevent crowding:
- Public functions should be restricted to 2 hours.
- Indoor functions cannot be attended by more than 100 people. But outdoor functions can be attended by up to 200 people.
- If the number of people attending a function exceeds these numbers, RT-PCR tests are mandatory.
- People who have been given both doses of the Covid-19 vaccine are exempt from these restrictions in events.
- Food cannot be served at public events. However, food packets can be distributed.
- Restaurants should function at 50% seating capacity.
- All shops to be shut by 9 PM. Shopping festivals in malls and supermarkets have been banned.
These restrictions have been imposed in light of the recent surge in Covid-19 cases. The total number of active cases has crossed the 44,000 mark and test positivity rate has crossed 12.53 pc.
Also read: WILL COVID-19 HELP ERADICATE THE LINES THAT DIVIDE US?