This post is solely a compilation of information and tips to help you get through these tough times.
The rains are pouring incessantly and we’ll have to fight it again. But it’s not like we’re helpless. We have shown the world what we are capable of coming together to take this challenge head-on. And now, we will prove it once again.
Let’s overcome this downpour together!
If you’re looking for help
- Make sure you know note down these contact numbers so you can reach out for help if necessary.
2. You can request for rescue, resources, and also find relief camps at https://keralarescue.in.
3. Keep an emergency bag ready. This should contain:
- A torch and a radio
- A whistle
- 500ml water
- ORS sachet
- Non-perishable food items
- Medications you have been taking regularly
- Chlorine tablets
- A small knife
- Mobile phone, adequately charged
- Sanitary napkins
- Warm clothes
- Some money
- Important documents
4. Shift to the highest floor of your building if you’re stuck.
5. Here’s a DIY way to your phones in case you have no electricity:
6. Turn off all the electrical appliances and gas lines before you evacuate.
7. And most importantly, evacuate if necessary. Do not wait for the water levels to rise. Instead, be ready to move to someplace safe. Last year’s rescue operations had to deal with people being hesitant to leave their homes. This would endanger just your lives, but theirs too.
If you are a volunteer
2. Make sure that you verify that the news is genuine by getting in touch with the people before you head out.
3. A Whatsapp group has been created especially for flood relief. Those who are willing to connect, please click the following link:
4. Once the need is satisfied, take down the message or provide an update.
5. www.microid.in/keralaflood/ can help you locate flooded areas all over the state.
1. Spread the word. But only after verifying it yourself.
2. Donate according to the requirements in camps nearby.
3. You can donate money for the cause at https://www.cmo.kerala.gov.in
4. To locate a missing person, dial the following toll-free number:
- 1948 from an Airtel number or 9940344344 from a non-airtel number.
- Share the Airtel number of the missing person
- SMS will be sent to caller mobile number, giving the missing person’s last location within three hours.